Our Church Timeline

1853

Church founders started to come from Germany.

 

1857

Dornow, Gallmann and Vossler met.

 

1857

Church services held in homes until 1865.

 

1858

February 6, official organization of First German Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Holy Trinity At Wellsville, Allegany County., New York.

 

1859

Meeting held with Rev. Doerman of Olean.

 

1860

February 6, constitution signed by 16 members.

 

1862

December 25, voted to build house of worship.

 

1863

Joined the Synod of Missouri, Ohio and other states. Now the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (LCMS).

 

1865

March 1, bought lot & dwelling on Martin Street and remodeled to fit worship needs.  Now the medical center.

 

1866

May 27, organized Sunday School meeting on Martin Street.

 

1867

Called Rev. Conrad Engelder salary $400, Who also served Olean and basewood hill.

 

1869

Built parochial school on Martin Street next to church.

 

1869

August 22, called Rev. John C. Himmler.

 

1871

Built parsonage next to the school & church.

 

1872

Purchased Presbyterian Church property on W. Genesee St.

 

1882

Called Rev.George Buch, who served for 47 years.

 

1884

Renovated and enlarged the church. Voting members 107 and baptized members 699.

 

1885

New parochial school built.

 

1891

Teacher H. A. Laven called.

 

1895

Second teacher called, Ottilie Sievers -127 students.

 

1900

Remodeled the church, new wings added, new fixtures, pews, baptismal font, stained glass windows, handcarved altar, pulpit with canopy, with Sunday School and social rooms in the basement.

 

1901

Purchased Gallmann house on W. Genesee St. for teacher's residence.

 

1910

Sold Martin St. Property and moved parsonage to Grover St.

 

1926

Parochial school closed.

 

1927

Called Rev. August Potrafke, who served for 14 years.

 

1941

Called Rev. Elmer W. Krentz, who served 34 years.

 

1942

Purchased house on West Genesee St. for parsonage.

 

1945

Purchased Gallman house for Sunday School and church office.

 

1945

Hired Walter Neuchterline for education, music and youth leader.

 

1952

Hired John Buelow to take Neiuchterlin's vacancy (1952-1954).

 

1954

July 11, new parish hall dedicated replacing the old school building. Sunday School rooms, modern kitchen, stage and dinning area.

 

1959

Celebrated 100th anniversary - week long schedule of events.

 

1962

Altar guild established.

 

1964

Dorcas guild was started.

 

1965

Jane White hired as church secretary (1965-97).

 

1970

Senior citizens fellowship started.

 

1972

June 23, flood from hurricane Agnes destroyed parish hall.

 

1973

Purchased property at the of corner main and park lane, Site of old Wellsville sanitarium & hotel.

 

1973

April 22, Easter & last service in Genesee St. Church.

 

1973

Worship services at Congregational Church.

 

1973

October 14, ground breaking service.

 

1974

June 30, cornerstone laying of new building.

 

1975

June 14, dedication of North Main Street church.

 

1978 

Genesee Street parsonage sold to village.

 

1976

February 15, observed Rev. Krentz's retirement.

 

1976

Rev. Donald Schroeder called as pastor (1976-1985).

 

1985

Rev. Luther Bauer was called to be pastor (1985-1989).

 

1985

September, start of Trinity Christian Preschool, located in basement.

 

1986

Carole Aldrich hired as music director and organist.

 

1989

Rev. Dale Meyer, Lutheran Hour speaker visited Trinity.

 

1990

Rev. Daniel Johnson was called as pastor (1990-1993).

 

1993

Church pavilion was built.

 

1995

Rev. Harold Kitzman was called as pastor (1995-2000).

 

1995

Celebrated 136 anniversary of Trinity, 20 years at North Main St. and 10 years of service for the Trinity Preschool.

 

1999

July celebrated Lift High the Cross at the balloon rally.

 

2000

July celebrated Lift High the Cross at the balloon rally.

 

2000

New rear entrance was built.

 

2001

Rev. Robert Morris was called as pastor. Served from 2001 to 2015

 

2003

Church sanctuary renovated with new digital pipe organ and choir alcove.

 

2006

Mrs. Betty Wood joins the Trinity staff as our first Director of Christian Outreach (DCO) 2006-2015

 

2007

Trinity Christian Daycare Center opens assuming the ministry of Trinity Christian Preschool.

 

2007

Trinity India Mission Society is formed.

 

2008

The church gets new carpet and flooring replacing the original 1970s carpet.

 

2016

Rev. Kurt Schultz was called as pastor.

 

2017

Kurt Schultz resigned as pastor.

 

2017 - Present

Pastor Bill Willson serves as pastor.

 

 

 

Templates